He has knobby knees, and turned-out toes, and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose – most parents with young children will be very familiar with the popular book “The Gruffalo”, so when our long term client the Ginger Factory approached us to bring to (augmented reality) life the Gruffalo at their park, we were so excited!
Using AR markers and an augmented reality app, guests journey into the Ginger Factory rainforest where they search for signs of the Mouse, Fox, Owl, Snake and The Gruffalo and animate them with the app on their phone through photos and videos.
To ensure the Gruffalo a ‘success’, an integrated marketing plan was designed in conjunction with Magic Light Pictures that included; digital advertising, social media, PR and influencer outreach, print advertising, TV and radio.
This project included the creation of over 150 design files produced to the required specifications, which included billboards, bus signage, park signage, trail signs, posters, marketing collateral, brochures, advertising material, website landing page and social media content.
The launch was hugely successful and broke all previous records for park visitation in the weeks following, and continues to achieve results year on year.
- park revenue was up 25% for the month that the attraction launched
- the average spend per head at the Ginger Factory was up by 16%
- Facebook saw an increase of 190% in engaged users
- Instagram comments were up a massive 625%
- website traffic was also up 117% year-on-year
- all three local commercial TV networks attended the launch and ran a story, as well as various other local and national print and radio networks