Well, it was only a matter of time before we saw Instagram start to take business usage of their platform a little more seriously. And no doubt businesses will be excited to hear about the new features here on Instagram.
You can now switch over to a Business Account anytime. and we’ve put together this handy how-to guide to help you out.
Some things to know before you start.
- Make sure your Facebook and Instagram apps have been updated to the latest version
- You will need to link your Insta account to your Facebook account and related business page, even if they are already linked
- You cannot switch over without doing the second step.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the wheel icon at the top right.
- Under the ‘Account’ section you should see ‘Switch to Business Profile’. Tap it.
- Follow the prompts to connect to your Facebook Page and enter your contact details for customers such as you email, address and contact number.
- You are now ready to start promotions for your Instagram account and learn about your audience and how they interact with your brand. Watch out for a future blog about making the most of your promotions.
Flick through the gallery below to see each step of the process.[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”10198,10038,10042,10202,10206,10210″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Now that you have switched over, these are the new features now available which will help you to better connect with your customers.
The three new features are:
- CONTACT BUTTON: When selected you will be promoted to either “Get Directions” or “Email” the account.
2. LOCATION LINK: Clicking on the location link will open up a map which highlights your location
3. CATEGORY: Included in the profile is the addition of a Category – similar to Facebook Pages. This will make it easier to communicate to your followers what your business is about.
Have you switched over yet? What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments – we love a chat!